Students starting school for the first time – 5 year olds:
Please contact the school office and make a time to see our Principal. You can also make direct contact with Mrs Alison Clarke, our Junior Team Leader. Alison will discuss with you the options for pre-enrolment visits. These currently take place on Tuesdays (8.50 – 11.00am) We like to be flexible so that the needs of the child and the family can be taken into consideration.
If required, office staff will help you complete the enrolment forms. Please allow half an hour for the enrolment process
You will need to bring :
- Birth certificate or proof of date of birth.
- For children not born in New Zealand, the passports for the child and both parents are required, including current Visa’s for all.
- For children who are born in New Zealand, but both parents are not New Zealand residents, relevant visa’s need to be provided.
- For children born in Australia, a passport is required.
- Immunisation record from birth to 5, available from the practice nurse at your Doctor’s Medical Centre. This record is a Health Department requirement.
Students enrolling from another school:
- Please bring details of the last school attended, workbooks, etc.
- Your child’s last school report would be a help.
- We will contact your child’s previous school to arrange for records to be forwarded to St Joseph’s.
Students enrolling from another country:
- Please contact the school and make an appointment to see the Principal.
- Bring both parents’ and child’s passports, and visas so that we can determine if we can enrol your child as a regular student.